We may collect information from you through our websites, products and services, online or offline interactions, and other means offered and controlled by us (collectively, the "Products and Services"). We may also collect information about you from other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, conference/event hosts, and partners when you interact with them. The information collected from you may include Personal Information, which is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact Details, such as your name, postal address, email, telephone number, the company you work for, your job title, your area of responsibility, or your country or region.
- Login Information, such as your user ID and password.
- Behavioral Information, such as your marketing preferences.
- Payment Information, such as billing details and past transactional behavior.
- Chat Information, such as your interactions with our marketing, sales, or support teams.
You agree to not send or disclose to us any Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information is any Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, information that concerns health or sex life, genetic data, biometric data, and information about criminal or administrative proceedings and sanctions.
In addition to Personal Information, we may also collect information that does not reveal a specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual ("Other Information"). Other Information may include, but is not limited to:
- De-Identified Personal Information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Products and Services (e.g., we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users from each state).
- Computer or Device Information, such as computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the website, product, and/or service you are using.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies, including cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies that collect information about you when you interact with our sites or emails, such as your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address"), which is a number automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider, and information derived from your IP address such as geographic location.
- License Usage Data, including account entitlements, license consumption, capacity, or type in our systems through an assigned license ID.
- Usage Data, including information about operating environments, performance metrics, error counts, string data, and user/product interactions.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined. If you choose to provide ExtraHop with a third party's information, you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so.
ExtraHop also collects information under the direction of our customers ("ExtraHop Customers") and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose information we process on behalf of ExtraHop Customers. We acknowledge that you have the right to access your information. If you are a customer of an ExtraHop Customer and have any questions or concerns regarding an ExtraHop Customer's privacy practices, or if you seek access to or wish to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, you should contact the ExtraHop Customer directly.
We use information we collect about you, including any Personal Information, in the following ways:
- Products and Services. We may use your information to provide you with our Products and Services, including any software updates, to provide information about our Products and Services or the products and services of our business partners, or to engage in transactions with you.
- Support. We may use your information to provide you with any technical or customer support, or to enable the provisioning of services.
- Administrative Information. We may use your information to provide you with announcements regarding our Products and Services, changes to our terms, conditions, or policies, or to provide other administrative information.
- Requests and Inquiries. We may use your information to respond directly to your information requests or other inquiries.
- Usage Patterns. We may use your information to monitor and track usage patterns of our websites and other Products and Services.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information for purposes such as performing data analysis, benchmarking, audits, developing new products, improving our Products and Services, identifying usage trends, monitoring the health, performance and security of our Products and Services, and conducting and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Contract Performance. We may use your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising out of any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Legal Obligations. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Healthy and Safety. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, our physical and online operations, and our property, rights, and privacy.
- Corporate Transactions. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of some or all of our assets, we may transfer any information we have collected to the relevant third party.
We and the third parties we engage may combine information we collect from you over time and across our Products and Services with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the accuracy and completeness of the information collected, determine your interest in our Products and Services, better tailor our interactions with you, and improve the quality of our Products and Services. We may also aggregate the information we collect from you with information collected from other website visitors to generate statistics, and analyze and understand how visitors use our websites.
A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, is a small graphic image that may be included on our websites or emails. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for certain business purposes, such as tracking the number of visitors to our websites, monitoring how users navigate our websites, and counting how many emails were opened or articles or links were viewed.
We do not sell, lease, rent, or give away your information. If we share your information, we require those we share it with to comply with appropriate security standards, and privacy and confidentiality requirements. We may share information we collect about you in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliates subject to these obligations.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our service providers, contractors, vendors, subprocessors, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Partners and Resellers. We may disclose your information to third parties, including our strategic partners and channel partners, who help us sell and deliver our Products and Services.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of ExtraHop's assets.
- De-Identification. We may disclose your information in a de-identified form, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Consent. We may disclose your information upon your consent.
If you use our customer forums (the "Forums"), you should be aware that any information, including Personal Information, you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Forums. We are not responsible for third-party use of any information you choose to submit in the Forums.
You agree to not send or disclose to us any Sensitive Personal Information. If for some reason Sensitive Personal Information is collected by us, we will not disclose such information to a non-agent third party or use such information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you unless we have received your affirmative and explicit consent (opt in).
Depending on the applicable local data protection laws, you may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data. These rights may include:
- Opt-out. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of: (a) direct marketing communications; (b) automated decision-making and/or profiling; or (c) any new processing of your Personal Information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose. If you choose not to provide certain information depending on the nature of your relationship with us, you may be unable to engage in certain activities or use certain Products and Services. Opt-out processes may take some time to complete, but we will work to meet your request as quickly as possible. In certain circumstances, you may still continue to receive administrative messages or other required communications that are part of certain Products and Services unless you stop using or cancel the Product or Service in accordance with its terms.
- Access. You may request a copy of the categories or specific pieces of the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Update/Correction. You may contact us to update or correct any Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Portability. You may request a copy of your Personal Information in a portable format.
- Erasure/Deletion. You may request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you.
To exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws, you can contact us using the methods described in the Contact section below. When contacting us, please specify what Personal Information the request is concerning and which of the above rights you would like to exercise. For your protection, we will only respond to verifiable requests. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to fulfill your request if we believe such request would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, legal purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request. You have the right not to be discriminated against if you exercise any of your rights under applicable data protection laws.
ExtraHop implements reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also contractually require our service providers and other third parties we use to support the business to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Products and Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You agree to not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements. We will also take reasonable steps to delete your information if you request us to delete your information.
Trans Border Data Flows
ExtraHop is a global organization and the information we collect from you, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and stored in a country other than the country in which the information was collected (including, but not limited to, servers and data centers located in the United States). To facilitate data transfers, and we utilize recognized data transfer frameworks such as standard contract clauses, consent, and the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable. By using our Products and Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
ExtraHop retains its certification with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and Principles, although ExtraHop does not rely on either of the Privacy Shield Frameworks as a legal basis for transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland to the U.S. in light of the judgment of the Court of Justice of the EU in Case C-311/18. ExtraHop is committed to subjecting Personal Information received from the European Union, United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the Privacy Shield Frameworks' applicable Principles, and remains responsible for the onward transfer of Personal Information received under the Privacy Shield Frameworks to third parties unless ExtraHop can prove it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. To learn more about these Privacy Shield Frameworks, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield site.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public or government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly. With respect to Personal Information received from the European Union, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, ExtraHop is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
ExtraHop has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternate dispute resolution provided located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit the JAMS Privacy Shield site for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you. If neither ExtraHop nor JAMS is able to resolve your inquiry, you have the right to invoke binding arbitration.
Third-Party Links and Software
Information from Children
ExtraHop does not direct its Products and Services to children and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe we may have collected Personal Information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact section below, and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue.
Attention: Legal Department
ExtraHop Networks, Inc.
520 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101