As part of any recruitment process, ExtraHop Networks, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "ExtraHop", "we", or "us") collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. This Privacy Notice helps explain what information we collect during our recruitment process, how we use your information, and how to access, update, or delete your information.
Types of Information We Collect
In connection with our recruitment process, we may collect the following types of information (collectively, "Applicant Data") about you:
- Contact Details, such as your name, postal address, email, telephone number, and other contact information.
- Identification Information, such as your gender, date of birth, social security number, and information about your citizenship and/or nationality.
- Application Information, such as your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, qualifications, licenses, previous application(s) and/or employment history with ExtraHop, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or recruitment process.
- Interview Information, such as information from interviews and/or any phone screenings you may have, if any.
- Job Preference Information, such as the types of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary, compensation and benefits, position level, department, manager, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences.
- Sensitive and/or Demographic Information, such as your medical or health information, and/or your racial or ethnic origin.
- Publicly Available Information, such as information about your educational and/or professional background from publicly available sources, including online, which we believe is relevant to your application or potential future application.
- Background Information, such as information obtained from reference checks, employment verification, and background checks to the extent permissible by applicable local laws.
- Other Information you elect to provide us.
Any Applicant Data you submit during the recruitment process or which you otherwise share with our recruiting team must be true, complete, and not misleading. If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us. By providing that personal information, you are affirming that you have obtained such consent.
How Your Information is Collected
In most cases, Applicant Data is collected directly from you. At times, ExtraHop may also receive Applicant Data from its affiliates, publicly available sources, background check providers (where applicable and permitted by local law), service providers used to support our business, recruitment consultants, recruitment agencies, your references, prior employers, educational institutions you attended, and credentialing and licensing associations.
Use of Your Information
Your Applicant Data will be used by ExtraHop for various activities related to the recruitment process, your employment application and potential employment, ExtraHop's compliance with obligations as a result of evaluating your candidacy and potentially employing you, and ExtraHop's operation as a business, including:
- Application Evaluation. We may use your information to evaluate and respond to your employment application, to review your qualifications, to facilitate interviews, to check references, to conduct background checks, to proactively conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills, and to notify you of relevant additional vacancies that may interest you.
- Employment Logistics. We may use your information to set up your employment and compensation, to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability, to secure travel or employment visas, and to establish payroll and other compensation and benefits.
- Communication. We may use your information to contact you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us, to communicate with you about the recruitment process and your application, and to communicate with our employees and third parties.
- Systems and Support. We may use your information to set up your access to our systems, to enable you and others to perform work if hired, to enable our business to operate, to enable us to identify and resolve issues in our systems, and to keep our systems secure.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information to conduct audits, to maintain hiring and recruiting records, to conduct cost and budgeting analysis, to improve our recruitment process, and to otherwise comply with our corporate financial responsibilities.
- Legal Obligations. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with employment and pre-employment; (c) to comply with immigration requirements; (d) to comply with legal processes; (e) to administer legal requirements such as income tax, social security deductions, and social contributions; (f) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (g) to protect our operations; (h) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (i) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Health and Safety. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate for any reasonable accommodations that may be required, to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, to protect our physical and online operations, and to protect our property, rights, and privacy.
- Corporate Transactions. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of some or all of our assets, we may transfer any information we have collected to the relevant third party.
Where we have a legitimate need to process your Applicant Data for purposes not identified above, we will only do so only after providing you with notice and, if required by law, obtaining your prior, express consent.
If you are offered and accept employment with us, the Applicant Data collected during the recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
We do not sell, lease, rent, or give away your Applicant Data. We will only share your Applicant Data with third parties for the purposes of assessing your application for employment. If we share your Applicant Data, we require those we share it with to comply with appropriate privacy and confidentiality requirements and security standards. We may share Applicant Data in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose your information to our affiliates subject to these obligations.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our service providers, contractors, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with employment and pre-employment requirements; (c) to comply with immigration requirements; (d) to comply with legal processes; (e) to administer legal requirements; (f) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (g) to protect our operations; (h) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (i) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, sale, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other transfer of some or all of ExtraHop's assets.
- De-Identification. We may disclose your information in a de-identified form, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Consent. We may disclose your information upon your consent.
ExtraHop is a global company with headquarters in the United States, and the ExtraHop affiliates and third parties with whom we share Applicant Data as described in this Privacy Notice are located in the United States and elsewhere in the world, including countries where privacy laws may not provide as much protection as your country. ExtraHop complies with legal requirements for protecting the transfer of data across borders, including through the use of European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses or by relying on the third-party's participation in the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Retention of Your Information
We will retain and use your Applicant Data as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, to comply with our business requirements and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to protect our assets. We will also take reasonable steps to delete your information if you request us to delete your information. If your Applicant Data is kept beyond the time we normally would need to keep it, that period will be determined based on the applicable local law.
Where permitted by applicable law, you may (a) request to review, access, correct, update, restrict, suppress, or delete your Applicant Data; (b) request that we cease using your Applicant Data, as permitted by applicable law; or (c) request a copy or portability of your Applicant Data. You may make such request by contacting us as indicated below in the Contact Us section. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to change or delete information if we believe such change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
ExtraHop implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your Applicant Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also contractually require our service providers and other third parties we use to support the business to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or write to the following address:
Attention: Legal Department
ExtraHop Networks, Inc.
520 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101
This Privacy Notice is effective as of January 9, 2020.