Privacy Notice for ApplicantsLast updated March 1, 2023
This Privacy Notice for Applicants (“Notice”) describes the Personal Information ExtraHop Networks, Inc. (“ExtraHop" "we,” “us,” “our”) collects about you in the context of your application for employment with ExtraHop, as well as the purposes for which ExtraHop collects and uses that information. When we say Personal Information in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
Types of Personal Information Collected
We collect and process information about you, including Personal Information, for purposes related to your application. We collect Personal Information from you directly, our service providers, and other third parties. We may have collected over the past 12 months the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, contact information (such as home address, phone number, email address), work permit or visa information, your employment and education history, referrals or references, and whether you are subject to any prior employer obligations, and any other information you make publicly available or you provide to us (such as information included in your resume, cover letter, or on your career profile).
- Background Information such as information about your education background collected from you, referrals and other third parties, such as background check companies (where applicable and allowed by local law), during the application process.
- Professional or Employment Information such as information about your desired salary, willingness to relocate, other job preferences, interview details, and outcomes of any recruiting exercises you complete. We may also receive information such as your education and work experience, contact information, from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information. These partners collect your information from publicly available sources, or through third parties they work with.
- Sensitive Personal Information as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and that you provide us, such as your Social Security, driver's license, state identification card, or passport number; racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs; and health-related information, including physical or mental disability and information relating to accommodations that you may request during the recruiting process.
- Other characteristics of protected classifications such as your gender, if you disclose such information.
Uses of your Personal Information
We use the Personal Information described above for various activities related to the recruitment process, your employment application and potential employment, ExtraHop's compliance with obligations as a result of evaluating your candidacy and potentially employing you, and ExtraHop's operation as a business, including:
- Application Evaluation. We may use your information to evaluate and respond to your employment application, to review your qualifications, to facilitate interviews, to check references, to conduct background checks, to proactively conduct research about your educational and professional background and skills, and to notify you of relevant additional vacancies that may interest you.
- Employment Logistics. We may use your information to set up your employment and compensation, to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability, to secure travel or employment visas, and to establish payroll and other compensation and benefits.
- Communication. We may use your information to contact you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us, to communicate with you about the recruitment process and your application, and to communicate with our employees and third parties.
- Systems and Support. We may use your information to set up your access to our systems, to enable you and others to perform work if hired, to enable our business to operate, to enable us to identify and resolve issues in our systems, and to keep our systems secure.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information to conduct audits, to maintain hiring and recruiting records, to conduct cost and budgeting analysis, to improve our recruitment process, and to otherwise comply with our corporate financial responsibilities.
- Legal Obligations. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with employment and pre-employment administration; (c) to comply with immigration requirements; (d) to comply with legal processes; (e) to administer legal requirements such as income tax, social security deductions, and social contributions; (f) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (g) to protect our operations; (h) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (i) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
- Health and Safety. We may use your information as we believe necessary or appropriate for any reasonable accommodations that may be required, to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, to protect our physical and online operations, and to protect our property, rights, and privacy.
- Corporate Transactions. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of some or all of our assets, we may transfer any information we have collected to the relevant third party.
Where we have a legitimate need to process your Personal Information for purposes not identified above, we will only do so only after providing you with notice and, if required by law, obtaining your prior, express consent.
Uses of Sensitive Personal Information
We use the Sensitive Personal Information, as defined in the CCPA and described above in the context of your application for employment at ExtraHop. Our business purposes for collecting this information include:
- To perform services reasonably expected by an individual in the context of their application for employment;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information;
- For short-term, transient use;
- To verify your eligibility to work in a specific location, conduct background verifications (to the extent permitted by applicable laws), provide analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of our workplace or employment services, and to make improvements in our workplace and in the employment services offered by ExtraHop; and
- For purposes that do not infer characteristics about you.
In each instance, the use of sensitive personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for the purpose outlined above.
For categories of sensitive personal information that we collect, we will only use or disclose it as described in this Notice or otherwise permitted by law, including the CCPA.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information about you in the context of your candidacy for employment at ExtraHop for the business purposes described directly above. We don't sell or share, as those terms are defined in the CCPA, any of your Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Information), nor have we sold or shared any Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Information) in the preceding 12 months.
Here is a summary of the CCPA-related categories of Personal Information we may have disclosed about you, and with whom, over the past 12 months:
|Categories of Personal Information we disclose may include:||Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be disclosed include:|
Retention of Your Information
We'll retain your Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, for as long as is reasonably necessary for the business purposes described in this Notice.
Here are the factors we consider when determining the length of time to retain personal information:
- The business purpose for collecting each category of personal information;
- Our consideration of you for other current and future employment opportunities at ExtraHop;
- Whether and for how long we need to retain the information to comply with certain legal obligations;
- If we need the information to resolve a dispute or to enforce our contractual agreements; and
- If we need information for other legitimate purposes, such as to prevent harm, promote safety, security and integrity, or protect ourselves, including our rights, property or products.
If you're successful in your application for a position at ExtraHop, we retain the Personal Information you provide during the application process, and information about your application process, as part of your employee records.
Your rights provided under the CCPA
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights in relation to Personal Information that we collect about you in relation to your application with ExtraHop:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from or about you;
- Right to Correct: You have a right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information maintained about you; and
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. Please note, we will request your authorized agent to provide a signed permission from you as proof that they are authorized to submit the request on your behalf. We may also request that you verify your own identity with us directly or confirm directly with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
To exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
Contact us for more information
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice and practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time, as may be required. If we make any material changes to the Notice, we'll prominently post the changes to the Notice on this page and take any other steps required by applicable law.