What is ExtraHop Certification?
The ExtraHop certification test lets you demonstrate your skills in analyzing wire data for insight into your IT environment using ExtraHop.
Why Get Certified?
Getting ExtraHop Certified is a way to prove your wire data analytics skills and be confident in your ability to use ExtraHop to find and resolve problems and opportunities for optimization in your IT environment. With ExtraHop Certification you can:
- Troubleshoot common performance issues that often go unnoticed without wire data.
- Explain key metrics for frequently used protocols, and use these metrics for diagnostics.
- Customize ExtraHop for your environment, so your expertise in it makes you a more valuable asset to your organization, and even to future employers.
How to Take the Test
When you're ready to take the test, you or your employer can order an access code using the form to the right. When you receive your access code, you can proceed to take the test. Access codes cost $250 USD each, can be used only once, and expire three months from the date of purchase. To purchase more than 10 access codes, please submit a Product Order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address other questions to email@example.com.
Important For Test Takers
You need a stable connection to the ExtraHop online demo, and you must set the time interval in the demo's global time selector to the time window specified in each question in order to complete the test successfully. If you don't already have access to the demo, you can get it here. Once you start the test, you have 4 hours to complete it.
Study Guide and Practice Materials
We offer a series of online training modules to help you prepare for the test. The best way to prepare for this test is to complete the following modules in order. You will need to log in to the ExtraHop customer portal to access these modules. If you need a login identity, sign up for one.
- Wire data fundamentals (~20 minutes)
- Getting started with ExtraHop (~25 minutes)
- Explore your environment with wire data (~20 minutes)
- Quick Peeks:
- Principles of troubleshooting (~45 minutes)
- Planning a trigger (~20 minutes)
- Creating a simple trigger (~25 minutes)
- Creating and using app containers (~20 minutes)
- Creating a multi-event trigger (~20 minutes)
- Intro to dashboards (~15 minutes)
- Build your first dashboard (~20 minutes)
- Using dashboards to organize and present data (~20 minutes)
- Working with device groups (~10 minutes)
- Video: Applying a bundle (2 minutes)
To learn the most from these modules, make sure you keep your ExtraHop interface open and do all the activities and exercises. This is the best way to gain hands-on experience with the interface, and learn how to look up info and diagnose problems quickly. You can do some of these exercises in the ExtraHop demo, but you'll learn more if you do them in your own environment, looking at your own data.
Here are some sample questions to give you an idea of what to expect. These are representative of the types of questions you'll see on the test. Try answering them using the ExtraHop Online Demo, and check your answers on the key below.
In the demo, find the busiest DNS server. Over the last day, how many requests timed out on this server?
a. About 170000
b. About 11000
c. About 190000
d. Close to 0
How many devices are in the Sydney device group?
True or false? When investigating a complex problem, it often helps to create a scratch dashboard and place interesting data on it, even if the data is not directly relevant to the problem at hand.
In the demo, set the time interval to the last day. How many L3 devices can you find?
a. About 80
b. About 60
c. About 30
d. About 10
The amount of data currently flowing through your network is called:
Answer Key: 1. a; 2. a; 3. True; 4. a; 5. a
One of the best ways to learn more about ExtraHop and your environment is to poke around and follow your curiosity! You'll retain more if you experiment and have fun with it.