Software-defined networking (SDN) dramatically simplifies the provisioning of network services. However, SDN further divorces applications from dedicated infrastructure and threatens to leave IT Operations teams blind to what's happening in terms of performance, availability, and security.
How Does ExtraHop Support SDN Environments?
In dynamic SDN environments, ExtraHop's correlated visibility across tiers is more important than ever. ExtraHop enables IT teams to understand what is really happening with an application workload regardless of where it is running, what it is comprised of, or where it is moving.
By passively analyzing wire data flowing through the environment—all L2-L7 communications, including full bi-directional transactional payloads—ExtraHop provides an up-to-date view of application performance, availability, and security that is not dependent on agents, CMDBs, polling, or probes.
What Are the Benefits of Using ExtraHop for SDN Monitoring?
With uninterrupted visibility into application, network, and infrastructure performance, IT organizations can more confidently adopt flexible and cost-effective virtualization technologies such as SDN.
- Make informed decisions when migrating workloads across hosts and VLANs with vMotion and VXLAN
- Measure baseline performance before and after application migrations
- Track performance-based SLAs for application owners and other stakeholders
- Get real-time alerts for anomalous activity at all tiers
- Solve problems fast by drilling down into transaction details