The ExtraHop platform's application-fluent network performance monitoring (NPM) capabilities go beyond bits, bytes, speeds, and feeds by providing essential visibility into how applications and the underlying network are interacting. A single, all-in-one appliance that provides real-time L2-L7 analysis, ExtraHop is a better way to do NPM. Learn how ExtraHop compares to application-aware NPM tools.
Essential Components of NPM
Network and IT Operations teams need to understand how well applications are using the network and how well the network is delivering the application. These teams rely on NPM solutions that support three major goals:
- Network tuning and optimization
- Proactive alerting
- Faster troubleshooting and triaging
Operational Intelligence for NPM
ExtraHop provides the real-time operational intelligence that Network teams need to proactively monitor and manage network performance. With ExtraHop, IT teams can achieve drastically better results for NPM:
- Realize immediate value with built-in dashboards for Network teams and other groups.
- Resolve network bottlenecks quickly using advanced TCP metrics to identify misconfigurations and other issues, including Nagle delays, zero windows, tinygrams, and DNS errors.
- Track network performance baselines, which are essential for planning infrastructure capacity, justifying technology investments, and avoiding unnecessary IT expenses.
- Know what is happening in the network right now with continuous, real-time correlation across all of the application tiers and trend-based alerts to notify the IT team before users notice a problem.
- Stop blamestorming and start brainstorming with visibility across the network, web, middleware, database, and storage tiers that helps you to show where the problem is.
- Save your sanity by not having to pore through terabytes of packet dumps.
- Get granular with policy-based, precision packet capture that records the entire flow associated with a triggered event.
What should IT teams look for in a network performance monitoring (NPM) solution?
Real-time continuous monitoring across all tiers—the network, DNS, directory services and authentication, web, middleware, database, and storage Dynamic adaptation to changes in applications and the IT environment Ability to scale to provide full visibility of all transactions passing over the network