"Over 47 percent of surveyed organizations store sensitive business intelligence and intellectual property in the cloud ... yet a quarter of respondents realized security events due to poor configuration and insecure APIs in 2018."
As the SANS Institute found in their latest Cloud Security survey, organizations need to act faster when it comes to adapting their security postures to meet the unique demands of the cloud. Complex configurations plus rapidly spun-up app components is a recipe for disaster, and when your organization uses multiple cloud providers to host their critical assets, the odds of a major security event get that much higher.
So how do you solve the visibility gaps and conflicting datasets from different providers, and how do you adjust your current incident response strategies to respond to cloud-specific threats?
Read the report from Dave Shackleford to learn how your peers across tech, finance, cybersecurity, and other industries answered questions like these:
- What's the most dangerous cloud security vulnerability that you might think is only hype?
- What are the biggest challenges in adapting IR and forensics analysis to the cloud?
- What are the most effective security controls for the cloud, and how can you avoid common implementation roadblocks?
Other great insights from the SANS Institute:
- Webinar: How Network Traffic Analytics Eliminates Darkspace for the SOC with Chris Crowley (SANS) and Barbara Kay (ExtraHop)
- Report: SANS 2018 SOC Survey Results