Businesses rely on Oracle databases to deliver high levels of performance for online transaction processing (OLTP) and other enterprise applications. Oracle database administrators and application support teams need real-time visibility into production database performance to achieve the following goals:
- Proactively resolve potential problems with threshold-based and trend-based alerts
- Isolate the root cause of application performance issues more efficiently
- Ensure compliance with security and privacy policies and support compliance efforts
The ExtraHop Oracle Module provides the visibility needed to support these goals without the overhead of custom performance agents or database profilers that can adversely affect applications in production. Similar to the Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, the ExtraHop platform is a self-contained, high-performance system that speeds time-to-value and reduces maintenance costs with a simple deployment model.
Simplify Database Performance Monitoring for Oracle Databases
Engineered to meet the most demanding enterprise requirements, the ExtraHop platform supports high-performance Oracle solutions by passively analyzing hundreds of thousands of application transactions simultaneously and in real time. The ExtraHop platform achieves industry-leading scalability by leveraging multicore processing; a proprietary networking microkernel; and a purpose-built, real-time streaming datastore. Moreover, the ExtraHop platform delivers these results without resorting to sampling or otherwise reducing the level of visibility.
The ExtraHop platform also leverages Application Inspection Triggers, a framework for real-time analysis based on scriptable event processing at the application-protocol level. With this technology, IT teams can support policy compliance and audit efforts by tracking every user that modifies or deletes a sensitive table or data element.
ExtraHop supports Oracle-dependent applications. Download the solution brief to learn more.
Advanced, Real-Time Analysis of Database Transactions
The ExtraHop Oracle Module provides real-time analysis of database transactions—including detailed metrics by client IP, database instance, method, table, and user—for aggregate database traffic, individual database devices, and specific database instances, as well as from the perspective of database clients and database servers.
- Track error messages sent and received.
- Display methods used, including SQL calls and internal Oracle-specific calls. View a list of stored procedures executed along with the count and processing times.
- Record lists of users and associated bytes sent and received.
With the ExtraHop Oracle Module, IT teams can drill down into detailed database transaction metrics, including the following metrics:
- Request and response numbers and size (in bytes), sortable by IP address, hostname, and device type
- Database transactions per second, showing volume over time, specific errors at each data point, and error details upon drilldown
- Response-time breakdown (in milliseconds), displaying database performance metrics over time in a stacked chart, including request transfer, server processing, and response transfer
Transaction-Level Visibility Across the IT Environment
In addition to the database, the ExtraHop platform performs real-time analysis of application transactions across the network, web, and storage tiers. This visibility includes sophisticated analysis of Oracle WebLogic middleware transactions and Oracle database transactions. The ExtraHop platform has deep understanding of the application protocols used by the storage area networks (SANs) and network attached storage (NAS) systems that underlie Oracle-dependent applications. It also provides advanced TCP analysis to help detect network-level issues.