WHAT'S IN THE BOX SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The What's in the Box Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 8:00 a.m. United States Pacific Time ("PT") on December 3, 2019 and ends at 4:00 p.m. PT on December 5, 2019 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes contains three (3) separate entry periods (each an "Entry Period"), as described in the chart below.
Entry Period Start Date Start Time End Date End Time 1 12/3/2019 8:00 a.m. PT 12/3/2019 6:00 p.m. PT 2 12/4/2019 8:00 a.m. PT 12/4/2019 6:00 p.m. PT 3 12/5/2019 8:00 a.m. PT 12/5/2019 4:00 p.m. PT
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence (whichever is older) as of date of entry ("Entrant"). Employees of ExtraHop Networks, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win the prize. Void outside the 50 U.S. & D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, as stated below:
- Via the Booth: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can earn one (1) entry when you visit Sponsor's booth in person at the AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas, Nevada by scanning your conference badge at Sponsor's booth and submitting a guess to the "What's in the Box" prompt. The "What's in the Box" prompt will be updated for each Entry Period and you may enter one (1) time per Entry Period, for a maximum of three (3) entries during the Sweepstakes Period if you do not enter via hashtag below. Correct guesses submitted during each Entry Period will be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize. Incorrect guesses submitted during each Entry Period will be entered into the drawing for the Additional Prize. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, whether an entry is correct or incorrect.
- Via Hashtag: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can earn one (1) entry when you visit the Sponsor's twitter page at twitter.com/ExtraHop and submit a guess in response to the "What's in the Box" prompt on Sponsor's twitter page by posting a tweet containing the hashtag "#DecryptionMatters" using a public Twitter profile. The "What's in the Box" prompt will be updated for each Entry Period and you may enter one (1) time per Entry Period, for a maximum of three (3) entries during the Sweepstakes Period if you do not enter via the booth above. Entries must be submitted using a public Twitter profile; entries using a private Twitter profile will be void. First five (5) correct guesses via hashtag submission only for each Entry Period will receive a Daily Prize. Correct guesses submitted during each Entry Period will be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize. Incorrect guesses submitted during each Entry Period will be entered into the drawing for the Additional Prize. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, whether an entry is correct or incorrect.
Entries submitted via the booth or hashtag will collectively be referred to as "Entries". Limit of one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period, for a maximum of three (3) Entries per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry or combination of methods of Entry. Entries received in excess of the limitation will be void. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. All Entries must be received by end time indicated above on the end date of each Entry Period to be entered into the Sweepstakes' drawing.
Attempts made by the Entrant to submit multiple Entries in excess of the above stated limitations, or are in violation of these Official Rules by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, and logins, or any other methods are prohibited and all Entries obtained by such an Entrant may be disqualified if detected. Automated Entries are prohibited and use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification if detected. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If participating via mobile device, standard phone data rates and usage charges imposed by your phone service provider may apply. All Entries shall be the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. Authorized Account Holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- PRIZE AND ACTUAL RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1): 128GB Apple iPad. The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $559. Additional Prize (1): Sponsor branded Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones. The ARV of the Additional Prize is USD $349. Daily Prize (15): Sponsor branded t-shirt. The ARV of the Daily Prize is USD $20. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, country/state and local taxes/VAT, including applicable duty, associated with prize acceptance. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable or assignable. Prizes may only be shipped to 50 United States and D.C. No substitution or transfer of any prize is permitted, except that Sponsor may substitute prize component of equal value for any reason. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
- RANDOM DRAWING: The Grand Prize and Additional Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about December 12, 2019 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The Daily Prize winners will be selected at the end of each Entry Period from all eligible hashtag entries received for such Entry Period. Drawings will be conducted by the Sponsor at their offices in Seattle, WA USA. Sponsor's decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period and for each Entry Period, as applicable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: The potential winners will be notified either (a) via the contact information provided upon badge scanning if entering via booth, or (b) via direct message to the public Twitter profile if entering via hashtag. Failure of the potential winner to respond to and comply with the instructions in the notification within three (3) days of notification attempt may result in disqualification and an alternate winner selected. Prize notification returned as non-deliverable or if potential winner is not eligible will result in disqualification and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected and notified as indicated above. Except where prohibited by law, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release or Declaration of Compliance, and where legal, a Publicity Release.
- GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority may use winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, and/or hometown, and entry for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, and property damages sustained, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize-related activity. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes materials or the offering or announcement of the prize. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any part) and award the Daily Prizes from among all eligible Entries received for each Entry Period prior to cancellation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information or late, mistranscribed, delayed or incomplete Entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the Entry process or this Sweepstakes; or (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Entrants/winners agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively by the United States Federal Court for Seattle, Washington or the appropriate State Court located in Washington in the U.S.; Entrants/winner submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts exclusively in the United States Court for Seattle, Washington in the U.S. or the appropriate State Court located in Washington for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants/winners be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants/winners or the Sponsor and its agencies in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Washington in the U.S., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the state of Washington, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Washington in the U.S.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is ExtraHop Networks, Inc. 520 Pike Street, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, United States.