This simple bundle contains a single network page to display the Category and File Type of files requested via CIFS. The trigger counts the number of hits, the bytes transferred, the user requesting the file, and the location of the file.
- Download the bundle
- Upload the module to your ExtraHop appliance. (Settings -> Bundles -> Upload)
- Click Apply. You should see "Ok: module applied successfully"
- Enable the trigger and apply it to all CIFS clients to begin monitoring CIFS traffic.
(pro tip: see this post to make a dynamic group to catch all CIFS clients)
- Assign the custom page for "CIFS File Types" to the Networks page using the Networks bar in the left-hand navigation
- Drill into the Network view, you should see the "CIFS File Types" page listed in the control tree in the upper left.
- Click "CIFS File Types".
Additional categories and file types can be quickly added to the trigger so that they can be displayed as well.