LAS VEGAS, NV - INTEROP - May 4, 2016 – ExtraHop, the global leader in real-time wire data analytics for IT intelligence and business operations, today announced the results of comprehensive lab testing and review of its platform conducted by the independent analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). Read a complimentary copy of the report: "The ExtraHop Stream Analytics Platform: Wire Data for the Real-Time Enterprise."
"Credible technical reviews are becoming vanishingly rare, particularly in the enterprise IT market, making it exceedingly difficult for buyers to assess vendor claims and make true apples-to-apples comparisons," said ExtraHop CEO Jesse Rothstein. "This lab report from ESG puts our cards on the table, providing independent, clear, and unambiguous validation of our platform and the value it delivers to customers. We challenge other IT Operations Analytics, Network Performance Monitoring, and Application Performance Monitoring vendors to adopt a similarly transparent approach."
ESG Lab tested the capabilities and claims of the ExtraHop platform across five key areas that IT organizations frequently use to determine the fit and value of a next-generation monitoring platform which covered:
- Deployment: assessing the simplicity and speed of deployment, and time to value.
- Auto-Discovery and Classification: assessing the thoroughness of mapping all north, south, east, and west traffic in real time as well as the auto-classification of all network, application, infrastructure and client performance, usage, and behavior.
- Breadth and Depth of Analysis: assessing the 'out of the box' analyses and global perspective used for the rapid identification, isolation, and remediation of problems
- Extensibility and Integration: assessing the flexibility and ease of recording and using historical data with real-time analysis including the simplicity of creating custom IT and business metrics, and integration of the platform's wire data with other data stores
- Performance and Price: assessing the ability of ExtraHop to scale with all features enabled to determine value and compare against other vendors' performance claims. When compared with published performance data for Network Performance Monitoring vendors, ExtraHop outperformed solutions across all key criteria.
"The ExtraHop platform's differentiating stream processing architecture delivers greater functionality and higher levels of performance than legacy network, application, or infrastructure monitoring tools," reported Mike Leone, Senior Lab Analyst for ESG. "When compared to traditional network monitoring tools, ExtraHop delivers significantly more functionality – from simple deployment to a comprehensive set of out-of-the-box protocols and metrics analysis – for a fraction of the cost, saving approximately 2.5x compared to the closest alternatives."
The ESG Lab report highlighted seven key findings in which the ExtraHop stream analytics platform stands apart from the competition:
- Deployment: "[A]s soon as the appliance is connected to a network SPAN or TAP and licensed, traffic is immediately collected and discovered without any configuration."
- Auto-Discovery and Classification: "ESG Lab tested the simplicity and speed of deployment, which included the auto-discovery, classification, and mapping of every device and the transactions between all clients, applications, servers, networks, and infrastructure. This analysis was all performed with the out-of-the-box, predefined monitoring capabilities of ExtraHop."
- Breadth and Depth of Analysis: "ExtraHop provides detailed views of wire data that uncover deeper insights into user, network, infrastructure, and application communications including data payloads."
- Extensibility and Integration: "Data was accessed seamlessly across the local appliance data store (real-time data) and the extended data store (historical data) with both visualized through the same unified view. In fact, the view was so seamless that ESG Lab had no knowledge of where data was stored, except for the fact that a time comparison clearly displayed older data, which resided on the extended data store."
- Performance: "… ExtraHop throughput levels come even closer to the theoretical maximum of 40Gbps. These results put ExtraHop in a performance class of its own as ESG Lab is unaware of anyone else in the network, application, or infrastructure monitoring space capable of these levels of performance from a single physical appliance."
- Price: "When looking at ExtraHop's 40 Gbps price/performance, the platform offers customers an average savings of more than 2.5x when compared to NPM industry average pricing. No other vendor currently supports this level of analytics throughput. In fact, as of the date of this publication, every other monitoring vendor requires a minimum of four appliances to achieve 40 Gbps of sustained throughput (10 Gbps per appliance)."
The ExtraHop stream analysis platform goes far beyond traditional performance management tools, delivering the real-time insight that puts IT teams back in control of even the most critical, demanding, and distributed environments. With ExtraHop, teams across the IT organization – from network and applications to cloud and security – now have the visibility they need to fix, optimize, and secure their operations while having a platform capable of aligning IT priorities and workflows with core business goals and analyses. The ExtraHop stream analytics platform is used by some of the world's largest organizations including Lockheed Martin, Sony Network Entertainment, Concur, Alaska Airlines, and McKesson.
To experience the power of the ExtraHop platform for yourself, explore the ExtraHop interactive online demo.
ExtraHop provides enterprise cyber analytics that deliver security and performance from the inside out. Our breakthrough approach analyzes all network interactions in real time and applies advanced machine learning to help you investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and protect your investment in the cloud. With this approach, we help the world's leading enterprises including Credit Suisse, Hasbro, Caesars Entertainment, and Liberty Global rise above the noise of alerts, organizational silos, and runaway technology with complete visibility, real-time detection, and guided investigation. To experience the power of ExtraHop, explore our interactive online demo or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
© 2019 ExtraHop Networks, Inc., Reveal(x), and ExtraHop are registered trademarks or marks of ExtraHop Networks, Inc.