SEATTLE, WA - November 17, 2015 – ExtraHop, the global leader in real-time wire data analytics for IT intelligence and business operations, today announced that it has published, in partnership with BrianMadden.com, a white paper providing a roadmap for easier, more productive monitoring of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments. In the paper, VDI expert and industry analyst Gabe Knuth discusses how to choose the right monitoring platform for your environment, including the importance of implementing a platform before it becomes necessary.
Title: Monitoring Virtual Desktops
Author: Gabe Knuth, Independent Industry Analyst
Availability: "Monitoring Virtual Desktops" whitepaper is available now as a free download.
Key Takeaways: When it comes to monitoring virtual desktops, there is no magic bullet, but there is a recipe for success. In this white paper, ExtraHop and BrianMadden.com offer up the six key ingredients for success:
- Don't wait to get a monitoring platform until you need one.
- Don't try to find one platform that can do everything.
- Out-of-band is just as important as in-band.
- You know about desktop virtualization, so find a monitoring platform that knows it, too.
- High-level isn't bad, but you still need to monitor all of the other layers.
- Pretty dashboards are great, but reporting is more important.
Learn more about how ExtraHop delivers visibility for Citrix VDI deployments, and check out our case study with Seattle Children's Hospital to learn how they used ExtraHop to accelerate Citrix Citrix login times by 500 percent.
To experience the power of the award-winning ExtraHop platform for yourself, explore the ExtraHop interactive online demo.
For use cases and customer stories, see ExtraHop in Action.