The ExtraHop Wire Data Analytics Platform Wins Five Vendor Bakeoff and Earns Perfect Scores in Five Categories; Receives High Marks for Deep Visibility, Ease of Use, and Functionality in Virtual Environments
SEATTLE, WA – February 5, 2014 – ExtraHop, the global leader in real-time wire data analytics for IT operational intelligence, today announced that Network World has named the ExtraHop platform the number-one solution for solving application performance challenges. In its recent test of Application Performance Monitoring tools (APM), Network World evaluated five vendors on core performance monitoring capabilities. These capabilities included problem identification, discovery, alerts and notifications, ease of use, reports, and installation and documentation. ExtraHop outperformed competing solutions across the board, receiving the highest possible score in five out of six categories.
"The perfectly passive ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance appliance used historical trends to recognize normal network and application behavior, gave us clear, easy-to-understand visibility into our applications, accurately pinpointed bottlenecks and notified us of problems with its dynamic, intelligent alerting engine. We especially liked ExtraHop's Application Inspection (AI) Triggers scripting feature, which we used to trace, monitor and measure entire transactions as they wended their way through multiple servers and connections," reported Barry Nance, the head of Network Testing Labs.
The ExtraHop Wire Data Analytics platform goes far beyond traditional application performance management tools, passively monitoring all L2–L7 communications, including the full bidirectional transactional payload. This approach offers IT teams deep, correlated visibility across all tiers of the IT environment and helps business stakeholders make data-supported decisions. Users can start with a high-level view of performance and then quickly drill down to granular device- and transaction-level details to pinpoint the root cause of a problem.
The Network World report highlighted a number of key features of the ExtraHop Wire Data Analytics platform:
- A responsive, intuitive, and easy-to-navigate web interface and a fully customizable dashboard provide easy visibility and reporting. The web interface also displays geomaps of network activity and graphical depictions of network activity.
- Versatile, easy-to-assemble flex grids can be configured for a wide array of users from CIOs to database administrators and developers.
- Passive, continuous, and accurate discovery of devices and applications on the network ensure real-time cross-tier visibility.
- Application inspection triggers (AI triggers) allow for easy isolation of specific applications, enabling IT teams to define additional metrics and ignore irrelevant errors. "Impressively, ExtraHop's device and application discovery produced an accurate network map showing exactly which clients, servers, network devices, and applications were talking to each other," said Nance.
- Comprehensive support for VMware and Hyper-V virtualized environments delivers an accurate view of an application's performance when distributed across multiple servers.
- Deep visibility into AWS environments, including EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Elasticache, and DNS, help ensure the performance, availability, and security of workloads in the cloud.
To try out the ExtraHop Wire Data Analytics platform, download the free-forever ExtraHop virtual appliance.