Today we're launching ExtraHop 6.0, which introduces a new appliance and workflow that makes it possible to go from high level metrics to the exact flows and packets you need in just a few clicks. Check out our hub page on the ExtraHop Trace Workflow to see exactly how it works.
Along with our new appliance, we've made our existing platform more versatile and robust in 6.0, and I wanted to give you a way to easily and quickly find documentation on how to get up and running!
Our 6.0 release notes provide a comprehensive list of new features, enhancements, and fixes for each appliance with links to the most relevant documentation, but here are some quick links to our most exciting new features:
Trace appliance and Packets
- Deploy the ExtraHop Trace appliance (hardware setup)
- Configure the Trace appliance in the ExtraHop Admin UI (software setup)
- Query for packets in the ExtraHop Web UI (feature usage)
NetFlow and Flow Networks
- Data sources in the ExtraHop system (including overviews for wire and flow data)
- Add flow networks to capture NetFlow traffic
- View summary pages for flow networks and flow interfaces
- Modify flow network chart display
- Drill down on flow network data
- Create a chart from flow network data
- Events and classes for NetFlow triggers
- Configure Cisco NetFlow devices
ExtraHop Web UI
Documentation Website Updates
We also made some changes to our documentation website, to make it even easier for you to find what you need.
We added links from the top navigation, so you can hover over a category (like Administer) and see all of the documentation that is available in that section.
We added a sitemap that provides you with a list of all of our current guides, so you can scan our inventory quickly.
We added a new top level category for our Walkthroughs, which guide you step-by-step through a use-case procedure so that you can learn about a key ExtraHop feature or functionality, such as:
- Create a dashboard to monitor your website performance
- Build a trigger that creates custom metrics for HTTP 404 errors
- Query for records to find the source of 404 errors and identify any missing resources on your web server
Visit our Customer Portal to upgrade to ExtraHop 6.0 and let us know if you have any questions!