ExtraHop Networks: Web Developer
Do you want to solve problems instead of sit through meetings? Do you work better as part of a small, focused team? Do you want to feel a sense of ownership in what you do and make a real impact? So do we. We are looking for individuals who love technology, appreciate elegant solutions to hard problems, and want to learn new things. Sense of humor required… Seriously.
ExtraHop Networks is more than just the products we engineer and sell. We’ve built our company from the ground up with the idea of creating great jobs for great people. As a fast-paced startup, each day offers new opportunities to innovate in all areas of the company. We value quality and integrity in everything we do, from interacting with customers to developing the best technology in the industry. We are known as innovators and have received many awards for our team and our products, including Best of Interop, Seattle Business Magazine’s Innovation of the Year, and Network Products Guide’s Readers Trust award for Best Products and Services, among others.
If you are a Web Developer who shares our philosophy of making our customers successful, we would like to hear from you! Our ideal candidate is an experienced Web Dev who can not only write code, but also participate and drive the design process. We have a unique opportunity to develop a community of users unlike the IT community has ever seen.
This position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. You will experience the freedom of building web sites and portals using your own leadership and programming skills. You should be capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and development.
The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. If you would thrive by working side by side with professionals of one of the most exciting startups in Seattle, please contact us.
- Maintain and unify a portfolio of ExtraHop web properties, including ExtraHop.com, NetworkTimeout.com, ITBlame.com, our Support Portal, Partner Portal, Sales Portal.
- Monitor and analyze web traffic and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly analysis (trends, key metrics) and project status. Formulate a plan for continuous improvement and implement.
- Gather inputs from multiple stakeholders (marketing, system engineers, product development, support, and sales) and work toward a common objective of building an integrated community-driven site.
- Employ your programming, graphic design, and database administration experience in all elements of this position.
- Lead the charge in building and advancing our online community through the use of forums and a shared knowledgebase/resources.
Awareness of and pride in 100% customer success is critical.
- Demonstrable project leadership, organization, and skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Knowledge one or more CMS systems.
- Experience with related tools and cross-functional tools, including marketing automation platforms (MAP), customer relationship management (CRM), and analytics platforms a plus.
- Experience with multi-media authoring tools.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Experience designing templates and theming within a large-scale publishing system or content management system (CMS), especially WordPress.
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Django, AskBot.
- A strong preference about how to do things right.
ExtraHop Networks was founded in early 2007 by engineering veterans from F5 Networks and architects of the BIG-IP v9 product. The company’s award-winning ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system is the industry’s first completely passive network appliance that provides application-level visibility with no agents, configuration, or overhead.
At ExtraHop Networks, we are focused on building a great company that delivers superior technology and solutions for our customers. We are competitive and professional and enjoy both working and playing hard. Our hiring process is rigorous and selective in nature, designed to provide a great opportunity for career advancement as well as to create a tightly knit team built on mutual respect and trust. We promise an environment where you will have an opportunity to shape your career while playing an instrumental role in building the next great systems company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
ExtraHop Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org