ExtraHop Networks: Staff Accountant
Do you want to solve problems instead of sitting through meetings? Do you work better as part of a small, focused team? Do you want to feel a sense of ownership in what you do and make a real impact? So do we. We are looking for individuals who love technology, appreciate elegant solutions to hard problems, and want to learn new things. Sense of humor required…Seriously. ExtraHop Networks is more than just the products we engineer and sell. We’ve built our company from the ground up with the idea of creating great jobs for great people. As a fast-paced startup, each day offers new opportunities to innovate in all areas of the company. We value quality and integrity in everything we do, from interacting with customers to developing the best technology in the industry. We are known as innovators and have received many awards for our team and our products, including Best of Interop, Seattle Business Magazine’s Innovation of the Year, and Network Products Guide’s Readers Trust award for Best Products and Services, among others. If you are a Staff Accountant who shares our philosophy, we would like to hear from you! As part of a small, dynamic finance team, you will support our day-to-day operations, including monthly entries and reconciliations for fixed assets and prepaid assets, billing and cash receipts, accounts payable processing, as well as sales tax return preparation. This critical position is hands-on, and requires someone with experience in the tech industry who is self-motivated and wants to be part of a young, fast-growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fixed asset accounting (asset acquisition, depreciation, disposition and tracking) and preparation of annual property tax filing for multiple states.
- Accounts payable processing, including corporate credit card reconciliations, annual 1099 reports, new vendor set up and Positive Pay processing.
- Month end closing process including journal entries and G/L account reconciliations for various accounts such as prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued expenses and accounts receivable.
- Assist with sales order entry and monthly customer invoice preparation, including one-time billings as well as recurring billings for subscription/maintenance and professional services.
- Monthly and quarterly sales tax and VAT return preparation.
- Assist with accounts receivable collections.
- Prepare purchase orders as requested.
- Prepare schedules and analyses for period end closing activities and external audits.
- Assist in implementing new ERP system for all areas of responsibility, including fixed assets, prepaid asset functionality and accounts payable processing.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in an accounting department, working with fixed assets, prepaid expenses, invoicing, collections and accounts payable. Sales Tax return preparation experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a high-level of skill with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Exemplary attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers alike.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- ERP system experience, including Dynamics or NetSuite a plus.
ExtraHop Networks was founded in early 2007 by engineering veterans from F5 Networks and architects of the BIG-IP v9 product. The company’s award-winning ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system is the industry’s first completely passive network appliance that provides application-level visibility with no agents, configuration, or overhead. At ExtraHop Networks, we are focused on building a great company that delivers superior technology and solutions for our customers. We are competitive and professional and enjoy both working and playing hard. Our hiring process is rigorous and selective in nature, designed to provide a great opportunity for career advancement as well as to create a tightly knit team built on mutual respect and trust. We promise an environment where you will have an opportunity to shape your career while playing an instrumental role in building the next great systems company.
ExtraHop Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resumes to email@example.com