Product Marketing Manager
ExtraHop Networks: Product Marketing Manager
ExtraHop Product Marketing Manager – download a PDF version of this job description here Do you want to solve problems instead of sit through meetings? Do you work better as part of a small, focused team? Do you want to feel a sense of ownership in what you do and make a real impact? So do we. We are looking for individuals who love technology, appreciate elegant solutions to hard problems, and want to learn new things. Sense of humor required… Seriously.
ExtraHop Networks is more than just the products we engineer and sell. We’ve built our company from the ground up with the idea of creating great jobs for great people. As a fast-paced startup, each day offers new opportunities to innovate in all areas of the company. We value quality and integrity in everything we do, from interacting with customers to developing the best technology in the industry. We are known as innovators and have received many awards for our team and our products, including Best of Interop, Seattle Business Magazine’s Innovation of the Year, and 100 Best Companies to Work for in Washington, among others.
If you are a Product Marketing professional with experience in B2B enterprise technology, we would like to hear from you! As the Product Marketing Manager, you will work as an individual contributor and will create and evangelize concise, compelling, differentiated product- and business-level messages, content, and tools for the ExtraHop Sales team, channel, and partners to accelerate adoption and awareness. You will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Channel teams. You will be accountable for the extended Sales team’s enablement and execution of go-to-market tools, content, and campaigns. The ideal candidate is highly detail oriented, collaborative, aggressive, and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate on top-level messaging and positioning for the company and product, given the current market situation and competitive positioning
- Evangelize positioning and messaging to key constituencies, including Sales, channel, partners, customers, prospects, press, and analysts, among others
- Demonstrate excellent verbal presentation skills as the internal and media/analyst spokesperson and field/partner trainer
- Work cross-functionally to roll out new product launches from a marketing communications perspective, including go-to-market activities, briefings, training, and demand-generation programs
- Create and/or manage the production of assets (web pages, white papers, case studies, solution guides, videos, blog posts, webinars, PPT decks, and so forth) to highlight the unique benefits of the ExtraHop solution across verticals and audiences
- Develop specific strategies and campaigns for industry verticals and competitive situations based on market opportunities
- Assess go-to-market requirements, establish market awareness plans and strategies, and produce sales tools and marketing collateral
- Understand product strengths and roadmap as well as competitor weaknesses and use this information to position ExtraHop favorably, highlighting technical and business advantages and primary points of differentiation
- Take a global approach to product marketing to help drive awareness and market growth in all relevant geographies, in particular North America and Western Europe
- Bring an analytic approach to your day-to-day activities, ensuring that programs are delivered successfully, on time, and under budget
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in B2B enterprise technology, preferably in the application performance management (APM) market space
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Marketplace knowledge of key industry players and the competitive landscape
- 5+ years of high-tech marketing experience (balanced combination of outbound product marketing and program/field marketing expertise)
- Experience marketing to various industry verticals—especially financial services, telecommunications, travel, retail, and consumer web—and developing campaigns targeting specific competitors
- Ability to think outside the box in terms of creating marketing deliverables, preferably with experience in social media, video, and other new marketing approaches
- Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to create exceptional collateral and presentations, contribute to social media initiatives, and comfortably present to key constituencies, including Sales, customers, partners, press, and analysts
- Enthusiasm for exciting new technology and the creativity to translate this enthusiasm into compelling marketing programs
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly understand complex theories and enterprise technologies
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and independently, cross-functionally, and directly with the executive team at times
- Exceptional organization skills, to the point of being fanatical
- Ability to meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
ExtraHop Networks was founded in early 2007 by engineering veterans from F5 Networks and architects of the BIG-IP v9 product. The company’s award-winning ExtraHop Application Delivery Assurance system is the industry’s first completely passive network appliance that provides application-level visibility with no agents, configuration, or overhead. At ExtraHop Networks, we are focused on building a great company that delivers superior technology and solutions for our customers. We are competitive and professional and enjoy both working and playing hard. Our hiring process is rigorous and selective in nature, designed to provide a great opportunity for career advancement as well as to create a tightly knit team built on mutual respect and trust. We promise an environment where you will have an opportunity to shape your career while playing an instrumental role in building the next great systems company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
ExtraHop Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org